Install method: Dzus Panex Clip-On
- Stepped Drill Bit – OR – ¼” Drill Bit
- 1/16” Drill Bit
- Measuring Tape
- Check that flange has 1" or more space
- If flange is short, clip will not be fully seated
3. Drill Pilot Holes for Dzus bolt hole:
- With Clip-On plate located, use 1/16” drill bit to dill a pilot hole to accurately locate the Dzus bolt hole.
4. Use Backside center Dzus bolt hole to locate outer hole:
- Remove Clip
- Hold bodywork together
- Use the 1/16” Drill bit from backside and drill though front bodywork to locate the outer hole.
5. Enlarge the Dzus bolt holes:
- Use the stepped drill bit hole for the bolt on both the inner and outer panel to ¼”.
- Note: Can use a ¼” Drill bit in a pinch, but a stepped drill bit makes a cleaner hole.
6. Install bolt:
- Install the bolt though the outer panel
- Use a plastic washer on both the inside and outside to hold the bolt to the outer bodywork. The inside washer will protect your paint from wear.
- Insert bolt though inner panel and turn bolt to engage.
- It is normal to be difficult to turn the bolt the first time.
- If the bolt seems “Loose”, you can add a second washer on the bolt to snug up the fit.
Back to Dzus Install Instructions